This topic is very crucial to cover before I go in depth of Islam. Many individuals who will come to this page and quickly close the window, while some of you will be curious. Other’s will be thirsty to want to know more and more.
I thought before I go in depth of illustrating what “true” Islam, why don’t I start with what the media conception is, that way we know where to go from here In Sha’Allah (With the Will of Allah (swt))
Islamophobia is define as fear of Islam. One would think, how someone fear a religion right? I thought the same thing, so again I understood the “error and misunderstanding” that is profoundly there. Let me actually redefine the Islamophobia, how it should have been defined in the first place.
First and foremost, Islamophobia is not even a correct word, since Islam is a religion, just like Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and etc. So the phobia cannot be against a religion, it can be against it’s followers. So technically it should be Muslimophobia (correct?)
Also this so called Islamophobia is not a new trend that started currently (after year 2000), but it has always been throughout history. To exactly pinpoint, the time of Adam (AS). Yes, that is correct, since the time of first man that was created by Allah (swt)!
It became extremely widespread at the time of Our Beloved Prophet Muhammed (SAW) and it has continued since then until current time.
The one actual reason behind Islamophoibia is exactly unknown, but here are few that can be easily assumed:
- Media – Majority media channels/shows portray Islam and Muslims as negative
- Lack of Knowledge and understanding- Many individuals judge the religion and its followers on what they have heard from media and or seen on TV
- Bad Information – Majority of people have access to the internet, which is unfortunately full of false/bad information, or mixed information.
- Religion vs Culture – Majority part of Islam is viewed through traditional/cultural eye, as it is practiced in many countries
- Fear – Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world today, and many organizations fear Islam for power or economy reasons.
It is each individual Muslims (Muslim/Muslimah) responsibility to learn Islam and teach. It is important that we, ourselves, understand and acknowledge our actions, words, and behaviors can have positive/negative effect on our deen.
• Allah (swt) is an Arabic word for God.
• Bismillah e rahmani raheem (بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم) -In the name of Allah (swt), Most Gracious, Most Merciful
• Deen – Religion of Islam
• In Sha’Allah (إن شاء الله) – If it is Allah (swt)’s will
• Prophet Muhammed (SAW) – Last Prophet of Islam
• (SAW) “Salla allahu alaihi wa sallam” (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) – Peace Be Upon Him
• (SWT) – Subhanahu wa ta’ala, an Arabic phrase meaning “May He (Allah) be Glorified and Exalted”